Technology has changed in so many different ways, say like when I was in prep we did not have laptops, then in year 4, that’s when we got laptops, and now Jamo has IPads. So I think in the future there will be heaps more technology we can use and you can speak into it as a command, say like open ….
So that is what I think technology in the future will be like.
Our class is the best because we are awesome and we have the best people in our class. And we have more stamps then 7D and 7I!
In english I got all highs and I want to get that again.
In maths I got all highs expcept 1 ans that was Personal Organisation so for term 4 I am going to be more organised.
In food I got all highs but 1 and that was use of class time so this time I will use my class time wisely.
In ILearn I got all highs so I hope to get all highs again in term 4.
In french/LOTE I got all mediums and this time round I am hoping to turn them into all highs in term 4.
In music I got 3 highs and 2 mediums and for my reaserch project on the Bass guitar I got a ‘very high’ so I hope to get all highs.
In Health and PE I got all highs and I want to get that again.
In Science I got all highs and I am hoping that I get all highs again!
In SOSE I got all highs and I am hoping that I get all highs again for SOSE.
Today in ILearn we leant about Cyber Safety and we looked at some vidoes and some pictures of peoples instagram acounts and they blurred out the pictures and they had some lables of what they have done wrong and we did that for facebook as well.
My top 3 tips on staying safe on the web are:
1. Put your profile on private.
2. do not post inappropriate things on your acount or of anyone else.
3. Stay away or don’t add people you don’t know.
Where does our water come from? Our water comes from a river a long way away and the pipes brings the water all the way to Warrnambool and also the Otway Rangers.
The steps to make sure our water is safe to drink are:
Water is collected from rivers, dams or underground, and pumped through pipes to where it is needed.
Raw water from rivers is stored here to allow solid particles to settle to the bottom.
Special chemicals (called alum) are added to help impurities sink to the bottom and be removed.
This process makes impurities settle to the bottom so that they can be removed.
Special chemicals are added to float impurities to the surface, so they can be removed.
The water is filtered through different filters (eg: sand filter) to clean the water.
The pH of the water (how acidic it is) is checked and adjusted to the proper level.
The water is disinfected so that it is safe to drink (using chlorine or other methods).
Clean drinking water is stored until it is needed by customers.
Last time in iLearn we did the amazing race and I think that the hardest thing to find was the roof rats. I worked with Minapray and I thought our teamwork was really good and I think we got 5th and we got most of them right.
Today in science we did a sheet on food webs. We had to go into this game thing where we had to make our own food webs with some animals in a list and we had to pick 8 animals. We had to anwser some questions on the sheet and we also got told what a carnivore, omnivore and a herbivore was. My species where Plants, decomposers, bush rat, insects, snake, wedge-tailed eagle, fox and a goanna.
In normal conditions most of the animals died and ionly the plants, insect and bush rat where left.
In the next one we had to add a cat and all the results changed. Everything died but Plants and insects.
In food we are making rock cakes on Thursday, this is the receipe:
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
1 and 1/2 cups of self raising flour.
1/2 tea spoons of mixed spice.
1/3 cup butter.
1/3 cup raw sugar.
1/3 cup mixed fruit.
1/4 cup milk.
1. Sift the flour and mixed spice into a large bowl.
2. Rub in butter into the flour and spice. It is ready when it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add raw sugar and mixed fruit with the flour mixture and stir.
4. Mix milk and egg together in small jug.
5. Pour milk and egg mixture into flour and using a wooden spoon stir until combined.
6. Place 12 even spoonfuls of mixture onto your greased trays. ( 3 rows of 4.)
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes. They are ready when they are light golden brown in colour.
8. Cool rock cakes on wire rack to cool down before presenting your best three on small whit plate.
I created an animal that is perfectly adapted to life on Maailma.
Here is a description of the planet.
This planet is dark and cold most of the time. It is very mountainous. It rains almost all day. Because of the wet, dark conditions, the only plants that grow well are small mosses and funguses. Animals on this planet include a type of mouse, a large nocturnal hunting cat, fish, and a variety of insects.
My animal is named T-snowman.
The adaptations it has made are:
- size: 2 metres tall.
- movement: very quick with its big legs.
- It eats the cats, insects, mice and fish.
- Food and water: It hunts during the day and can hear well with its big ears and stabs his prey with his sword like fingers and gets his water from the rain.
- Warmth: T-snowman gets his warmth from his big fur coat.
- Shelter: It shelters in a cave high up in the mountains with T-bone the dragon his friend.
- Self-defence: T-snowman defends himself with help from T-bone and blocks the attacks of attackers with his sword like fingers as a sheild.